We started out the day by trying to catch up on all the cleaning I'd failed to do sick. Not very glamorous, but these things have to be done. We spent the afternoon at my mom and dad's eating our normal (and very yummy) appetizer dinner then opening pajamas. This year Kayla and I also got mukluk slippers we begged and pleaded for back on black Friday. Hehe.
We met Darreck's family at our house about six and exchanged present with them. Later we played Catchphrase (hilarious) and ate even more food. It's amazing the amount of junk food I can justify eating by saying, "well, it's Christmas!" My mom and Kayla joined us right as Darreck's family left, and we even got a surprise visit from the law (well, dad at least). We went out and looked at lights, but it was pathetic this year. We had a really cold early December, and no one seemed brave enough to put out much of a display. We got back to our house around ten with Max dead asleep in his carseat. Then the real work began.
Darreck and I made our first ever fire in our fireplace with none too little effort. It took forever to get going but was well worth the time in the end. It was so relaxing. Then we had the long task of finishing up some assembly work for Santa. We finally fell into bed around one, exhausted, and I proceeded to not sleep the rest of the night.
Sorry you were so sick! I was actually really sick all week too, and Christmas was the first day the entire week that I actually felt human. I hope you feel better soon and get the rest you need!!
ReplyDelete