While we're doing marathon blog updates, I thought I would mention all the music events this Christmas.
Last night was our ward party, and I had the chance to play in a violin-violin-cello trio. It's so much fun getting to play with serious musicians at church. The women I was fortunate enough to play with are not only great musicians, but they also play with the spirit. I love playing in church, but it's even better when I get to play with others who are trying to convey the same spirit I am.
Today we played the holiday symphony concert. This is my favorite concert of the year, and this year's song selections were great. Sometimes working with the choir creates some additional challenges, but the effect on the audience is always worth the extra hassle. Tim and Pennie got to come to this show, there first one here in Great Falls, and I really hope they enjoyed it. There is no greater way to show gratefulness for the talents we've been given is to use them to praise our Heavenly Father. I especially like playing this concert because it introduces music about Christ to those who might not otherwise not go to any religious services during the Christmas season. What a wonderful way to spend the Sabbath!
No comments:
Post a Comment