Saturday, March 19, 2011

Date Day/Temple Trip

Darreck and I finally got a chance to go to the temple in Billings alone, for the first time since having Max. We agreed with a couple in our ward to trade off kids so that we could each go every other month. We left at 7:30 this morning and didn't get back until 7:00 tonight; it was the longest we've ever been away from Max, and I was a little worried about him. Max can be a little, um, high-strung at times, but he did great without us. Yeah Max! It was nice to get out of town with my husband for the first time in forever. We got seven hours in the car to just talk (despite the fact that I still can't talk) and an awesome late lunch at Olive Garden.

Mostly I was just glad for the chance to serve in the temple with my sweet eternal companion. It's such a calming, peaceful feeling to be in the temple. Everyone needs time to escape from the world and forget all the responsibilities and problems back home. I need to go to the temple every few months just to recharge. Nothing makes me feel better and more focused on what's really important in my life- my family. I love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment