Friday, March 18, 2011

My Own Version of Sick

It seems like, from December up until now, at least one of us has been sick at all times. I told Darreck that if I get sick one more time this year I'm making him quit his job around the slimy, germy kids. Because, you see, my colds always come with a little something extra. It goes all the way back to when I was fourteen...

The stake decided that, for youth conference, we were going to put on a musical. I was super jazzed (because I'm kinda lame like that) and had fastidiously attended every single rehearsal, even the optional ones. When the day came, however, I had a nasty bout of laryngitis that I determined would not stop me. Despite the gentle warnings of my doctor/stake presidency member, I sang anyways.

Moving right along, now, every time I get sick, I inevitably lose my voice. Before you start suggesting supplements and gargling and other remedies, I guarantee I've tried them all. This week I am, once again, sick and have, once again, completely lost my voice. Darreck thinks it's cool because in a few days I'll have my "super sexy sick voice", but right now I just sound like a frog. Not to mention that I can't even yell at Max. No fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment