Friday, July 26, 2013

More Summer Lovin'

This year has been so unique for our family. It's the first year we've had one relatively independant child, one we could easily pack around, and enough money for gas (which was usually the problem before we had kids)! So, at the outset of summer we created a summer "bucket list" and we've spent the week crossing off even more stuff.

Also, and this is very exciting to me, I got a new camera! Hooray for new toys! I volunteered to judge the 4H fair photography again, which always leaves me yearning for a nicer set up. On a lark, I checked craigslist for a used camera when I got home and found the perfect entry-level DSLR. I'm now the proud new owner of a Canon Rebel XSi. Expect a barrage of pictures in the coming months!

Here are some shots of us hanging out at Giant Springs, including Max getting a little too brave for my taste. Wonder where he got that from? Oh yeah, the monkey man in the tree :)



Here's Max's new wand that Darreck hand-carved for him:
And here's today's expedition to Belt Creek. Max got all the way up to his neck and was shaking all over, but he still refused to get out of the water. Love the enthusiasm! Luke's main focus was avoiding his nap, which he was largely unsuccessful at.






No comments:

Post a Comment