June flew by, and it's making me a tiny bit sad that we're already a third of the way through the summer. However, we're still living it up and having tons of fun! Monday one of my best childhood friends, David Ferguson was in town for the night to show off his girlfriend. We talked until one in the morning about a little of everything and just generally had a great time catching up. I'm so lucky to have been raised in such a good community of people. The children of my parent's friends and those old friends from church are still some of the best people I've ever known. It amazes me that we can be out of touch for so long and still pick up right where we left off. It's comforting to know that there are people in the world who I can rely on and who will always care for and about me and my family.
Tuesday we hit another great milestone for Luke. We went out to the pool and let the little guy try out swimming for the first time. True to form, our sweet little man took it all in stride. He wasn't exactly laughing it up at first, but it's also not like he burst into tears. Max, on the other had, freaked out when we tried to get him to swim a little (with Darreck or I securely holding on). I still have hand prints from around my neck where he hung on for dear life. We'll get there! Even if Max didn't love the swimming, we all enjoyed the opportunity to get out of the 100 degree heat. It's been sooo hot this week, but it should cool off a touch just in time for the Fourth of July. Another year, another 4th. We'll see how it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment