Saturday, June 29, 2013

Our Rainy Day at the Lake

Luke and I FINALLY got to go out on mom and dad's boat this afternoon (along with the rest of the family), and it rained! I'm not just talking a little sprinkle; it poured. we finally had to go back to shore and call it a day, but we had fun for the five minutes we were dry out there. Lucky for us, Plan B was a fun hot wing restaurant in Helena. Thank goodness for Plan Bs!

The day may not have turned out entirely as planned, but we weren't about to waste a summer day just because of a little rain. I know I do a lot of posting in the summer and take hundreds more pictures than I do during the rest of the year, but I really, really love summer. Sometimes I feel like I live for 9 months of the year just to get to the summer. I love getting to have Darreck all to ourselves, and I love the sunshine. I especially love the chances to get outside and check out the wilder side of Montana. We are so lucky to live in Montana!

I have no idea what heaven is going to look like when I (hopefully) get there, but I really hope it's something like a summer day. I kind of imagine heaven being a place where we can recall all our best memories without that tinge of longing that sometimes taints past recollections. From where I stand now, I wonder if I'll ever have enough summers to satisfy my need to experience things, but then I remember about heaven. I know that we'll have perfect recall after this life, so I want to devote my time to creating some truly miraculous memories. Days like today are a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment