Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer is too Short to Waste

We had another great family day, today. This morning we had a planned power outage in our neighborhood, so we figured it was the perfect excuse to get out of town. We went up to Memorial Falls and enjoyed the short hike to the falls and got back in time for lunch. I love living in Montana, with the mountains so close by!

After a quick quiet time and me teaching two lessons, we were off again to the spray park and then to a Voyager's baseball game, already our second of the season. This seems like a unique summer for us- Max is finally old enough to hike and participate in outdoors-y things, and Luke is still little enough to be packed around. For the first time since having kids, I feel like we have some freedom this summer. Also, Darreck isn't working at the cemetery this year, so we have daddy around for most of the summer.

We're making great progress on our summer "to-do" list, and I'm hoping we can keep up the great momentum. I'm not wasting a minute of this summer. Actually, sometimes I feel like I'm living for summer, given how much winter we have around here. Luckily for us, there is a ton to do and we have lots of time to do it!
















No comments:

Post a Comment