It was another banner summer day for us. We spent the morning at the Farmer's Market and sidewalk sale, a family favorite for the past few years. It's actually kind of funny- I went to the sidewalk sale last year, very much pregnant, and commented to a friend that I was pretty sure that the baby wasn't coming out until he graduated high school. Luke was born that night :) It brought back some fun memories, but I was glad to have Luke on the outside this time around!
After the sale, we went on our yearly pilgrimage to Choteau. My mom was born in Choteau, and we always go back at least once every summer. Today we got our ice cream at the dinosaur museum first and then went over to the park. They have a great, old-fashioned park with a lot of equipment that Max hadn't seen before. He teeter-tottered his little heart out with Darreck and then almost made himself sick on the merry-go-round. Max also posed for some great pictures, even though Luke was a little more reluctant model.
After the playground, we ate dinner at the Log Cabin Cafe, a long-standing family favorite. I love that place! It has some serious Montana charm. We even sprung for pie after dinner and went home stuffed to overflowing. The boys were great on the ride there and back and, aside from smoke from a local forest fire, it was a wonderful summer day. I love visiting these small, Montana towns for a day or so, even as I'm glad I don't have to live there full-time, especially in the winter! Above all, I hope that the boys are still making great memories and developing a sense of family tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment